[ click to see full size of default. live preview @ tofuhouse ]
This time, something that allows you to change the colours without changing the patterns! If you want those patterns anyway.
Blame It On Me is named after "Blame It On Me" by George Ezra. Randomised aww yisss.
ABOUT THE LAYOUT
It's a patterned layout that's a lot easier than it looks:
- Screen Width: Aim for bigger than 1024+, but should be any cos it's--
- Fluid Width: Also phone friendly.
- Custom: Navigation Bar, Comments, Icons, Hover Pop-up thing. And patterns.
- Custom Pattern Colours: You can change the colour of the patterns using just colour hexcodes.
- Optimal on: Firefox and Chrome (and consequently their forks and Opera). Works on Internet Explorer and Safari too (at least I think so when I clicked around).
--- Decently passable on phone screens because I tried to make sure, but I'd still prefer to use it on a normal computer sized screen. Nothing borks though yay.
WHAT CAN YOU USE THIS FOR?
- Journals + Communities (of any kind)
- Anything you want patterns for.
- Feeling like you wanna change colours a lot.
- Browsing on the phone/tablet/small screens without squinting at layouts until DW becomes fully responsive.
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Select Tectonic: Fission. (by momijizukamori)
2.1 Scroll down and choose a Page Set Up: Choose any side bar position.
--- NOTE: The default was made on "2 Columns (sidebar on the right)"
--- NOTE 2: It works on one column too, but I personally like the sidebars more.
2.2 Custom CSS: Make sure "Use layout's stylesheet(s)" is checked.
--- It uses the original Fission css. My code just overlaps extra on top of it.
--- This method keeps all these layouts practically mobile responsive.
--- I dare you to uncheck the box. Do it. The layout will look super hideous.
2.3 Copy and paste the following code into "Use embedded CSS"
3. Modules: Choose as you see fit.
4. And just so people can find and use this layout too, credit tofuhouse somewhere on your journal or profile page!
--- Helpful code to copy and paste: <a href="http://tofuhouse.dreamwidth.org/
OPTIONAL STUFF This is super customisable again, though you don't have to do much to get what you want.
PATTERN COLOURS: I said before that you can change the pattern colours without uploading new images. WOW! That also means you can mix and match. Anyway, near the top of the code I already left an area where you can change the colours.
1. Find where the colour code to the patterns of Main and Header (as labelled in the code)
2. Replace them with the colour codes of your preference
--- NOTE: You might have to go one or two shades lighter, but just check it first.
Currently, the default colours are:
Main: #ffffff (it's white)
Which are the ones you see in the full-sized image preview. So mess around with the colours yourself for the perfect combo!
These two files are the patterns, in case you want to save them and upload them somewhere:
1. Replace all the pattern files with patterns of your own.
--- Dreamwidth's internal file service is also here: Upload New | Manage Existing
(It's been working for mobile uploads if you email it, but now it does have file uploading from an internet browser)
COLOUR: It's all in grey scale cos it's easier to customise that way, but I made sure that all the colours used for text are pretty much different (so actual 50 shades). Don't worry about #000000 getting replaced all; anything that uses black as a shadow or background has been renamed "black" instead of the colour code, so you can Find+Replace as you please.
Main Font Colour: #222222
Link Colour: #888888
Hover Link Colour: #000000
Title Colour (and Links): #000000
Title Link Colour when hovered: #888888
CUSTOM ICON PAGE: Check it out, it's pretty cool. I even put in more than one icon now cos it looked so lonely before. How do you get this thing working? Go to Settings: Display, and make sure you check the box "Show my journal's icons pages in my chosen style instead of the site layout".
While you're there...
CUSTOM COMMENT PAGE: I coded it to work, but I'm gonna be honest and say that it's easier to turn it off and use dreamwidth's default look. The comment system and nesting is much more cleaner on the default site skin, that's why. So go to Settings: Display, and make sure you uncheck the box "Show my journal's entry pages in my chosen style instead of the site skin".
And that's pretty much it! Have fun with my further masochistic attempts at productivity (⊙◞౪◟⊙)